The problem of pollution is getting worse, making daily drinking water not hygienic. So many manufacturers have launched water filter products using Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems. Lets find out what Reverse Osmosis water filter is through the following article!
- 1 What is Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems?
- 2 What types of water can the Reverse Osmosis filter systems?
- 3 The benefits of Reverse Osmosis water filter systems
- 4 Structure
- 5 Principle of operation of the Reverse Osmosis filter systems
- 6 Distinguish RO and Nano water filtration technology
What is Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems?
Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems (RO Filter System) is a device that uses modern Reverse Osmosis filtration technology to remove all impurities such as mud, pesticides, … harmful bacteria. At the same time, water filters also help the body replenish beneficial minerals, helping you to have a clean and safe water.
Reverse Osmosis Technology is a water filtration technology that uses a filtration filter with a size of 0.0001 micrometers, in addition to filtering solids, heavy metal ions, it can filter microorganisms, bacteria … with size. Ultra-small, giving you a source of pure water that can be drunk immediately without having to boil water again.
What types of water can the Reverse Osmosis filter systems?
Reverse Osmosis Filter Systems can filter most of the current water sources such as river water, rainwater, alum water, well water.
However, for heavy alum water sources such as those in the Mekong Delta region or those contaminated with limestone, you should filter raw water before filtering with a water filter.
Raw filtration by filtering through coal, sand, gravel, etc. to remove impurities such as alum, lime, scum with large size in water, this will ensure the durability of the filter element of the water filter, help you use it longer.
Read more: Berkey Water Filter: Pros and cons
The benefits of Reverse Osmosis water filter systems
Help you have clean water and replenish minerals for the body
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems uses RO filtration filter with micro-filtration holes to remove 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, heavy metal ions and other impurities, giving pure output water, can be drunk directly without boiling.
Besides, the water filter adds functional cores to help stabilize the sweetness of the water, adding minerals to the user.
Due to its ability to remove up to 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, amoebas, arsenic, and other toxic substances in water, so the water filter can help users avoid diseases caused by polluted water sources such as typhoid, cholera, hepatitis A, dysentery, helminths, etc.
Cost savings for the family
Using water directly from your water filter will give you a clean, healthy water source, which costs much less than bottled water.
In addition, the wastewater comes with toxic contaminants in the water that can be completely reused for other purposes such as cleaning houses and watering plants to avoid waste.
A water filter with a cabinet or regular compartment will have the following basic parts:
- Filter No. 1, 2, 3 filter mud, heavy metals, rust, etc. absorb chlorine, pesticides, pesticides, etc. in water.
- Filter No. 4 with R.O Filmtec filters from the US can completely remove solids, gases, heavy metal ions, bacteria, making the water completely pure.
- Filter No. 5 applies modern antibacterial technology Nano Silver to remove up to 99.9% of harmful bacteria.
- Filter No. 6, 7 help balance pH, neutralize excess acid in water.
- Filter No. 8 made from natural stone materials Maifan complement essential water minerals.
- 9 ORP filter helps replenish nutrients to prevent aging, detoxify the body, boost immunity, prevent cancer.
- A water tank with a capacity of about 10 liters is used to store filtered water from the RO.
Principle of operation of the Reverse Osmosis filter systems
- Source water will flow through filter cores No. 1, 2, 3 to filter out large impurities such as alum, mud, pesticide molecules.
- Then, water will flow through the RO screen thanks to a pump to filter heavy metal ions, bacteria in the water, toxins such as arsenic, or carcinogens, etc.
- Clean water after filtering through the RO filtration will be directed to the water tank. The wastewater will be led out (this amount of wastewater can be reused). The amount of filtered water is about 40% and about 60% (depending on the model). For example, you filter 10 liters of water will get 4 liters of clean water and discharge about 5-6 liters of water do not drink directly.
- The water is filtered and stored in the bottle when you turn the tap. The water will be passed through the filter elements 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 to replenish the minerals needed for the body, medium Dissolve acid, balance pH for water before flowing out for you to use.
Distinguish RO and Nano water filtration technology
Many people are wondering about RO and NANO water filters. This article will answer that question of everyone.
RO filtration technology is a process in which a filtration, which is the heart of the RO water filter, acts as a molecular filtration device to remove up to 99% of all solids, dissolved, bacteria, small particles and organic compounds with a molecular weight greater than 300 or particles of about 0.001micron size. RO and NANO water filtration technologies have the same operating mechanism.
RO water filtration technology is a scientific achievement invented in the 60s of the last century in the United States. How it works is a process in which a filtration acts as a molecular filter to remove up to 99% of all dissolved solids, bacteria, small particles, and organic compounds with a molecular weight greater than 300 or particles of about 0.001micron size.
Mechanism of operation of RO filtration filter
Nano technology is a technical breakthrough in the 21st century. Nano, actually a unit of measurement = 1 / billion meters. Nanotechnology, helping people to move materials to a nanoscale state. At this size, different applications of the material will become much simpler and more efficient. Producing nanoscale filtrations is a substantial technological advance. Imagine that with a sieve with a size of 1 / billion meters, the filter results would be very good. No bacteria or viruses can enter this filtration. However, the simple question is, how long will the clogged eye size be 1 / billion meters?
- RO water purification technology (reverse osmosis) is the most advanced and modern water filtration technology available today. Because the RO filtration filters have a size of 0.001 micrometers, the same mechanism of action of the human kidney will produce pure water but still retain the essential minerals beneficial to human health.
- Nano water filtration technology has smaller openings than RO filtration filter, so it will filter out pure water and eliminate the content of organic substances, beneficial minerals in the water.
We can understand simply: Filter is a process of removing particulate matter from water by forcing water to go through a layer of filter material of a water filter. Filter materials can be solid materials in nature such as sand, gravel, coal, etc. or maybe a filtration made of different materials. Sometimes, large particles are deposited before passing through a filter.
The size of the particulate matter removed during filtration depends on the size of the filtration hole of the filtration system.
Until now, the filtration technology has almost met the requirements of applications, such as salt removal, oil filtration, etc. But the reverse osmosis (RO) filtration still holds the highest position in terms of filtration capacity, followed by Nanofiltration (NF), ultrafiltration (UF), and finally microfiltration (MF). In applications, it is often combined to use these filtrations to increase the purity of the product.
MF is used to remove large scale deposits, macromolecules that are separated from other large molecules, proteins, or cell debris. Significant applications in simple water filtration in the final cycles, for example, in the filtration of fruit juice, milk, wine, beer, and sterile pharmaceuticals. The filter filtration operates at relatively low pressure.
UF is a pressure filtration process that removes oil, metal halides, colloids, emulsions, suspended solids, bacteria, and most large particles from water and other solutions. UF filtrations are used in oil refining, fruit juices, milk and yogurt, paints, pharmaceuticals, beverages, and tertiary sewage. Ultrafiltration filtrations with a pore size of about 0.01 microns can remove some viruses. In contrast, an MF with a pore size of about 0.1 micron can only remove some non-viral microorganisms. However, both refining and ultrafiltration cannot remove solutes unless they are pre-adsorbed with activated carbon or coagulated with aluminum or iron alum.
NF has a pore size of about 0.001 microns. It has the same function as reverse osmosis filtrations, but is often used to remove multivalent ions, single-molecule organic matter, nearly all viruses, most natural organic matter and salts. Monovalent ions such as Na and Cl will pass through it, so it is often used for pre-filtration in saltwater desalination. In water treatment, NF films can be used to soften water, remove pesticides, and remove color.
RO reverse osmosis filtration
The reverse osmosis (RO) filtration has a pore size of about 0.0001 microns. In addition to removing all organic molecules and viruses, the RO filtration removes most mono- ions, minerals present in the water. Therefore, the RO filtration is commonly used in desalination and demineralization to produce purified water with higher economic value than the distillation method.
- RO filtration technology will produce pure water, must add minerals that are beneficial to water in high filtration machines such as 6,7,8,9 cores. Reasonable price.
- Nanotechnology without going through a raw processing system will cause a filtration to get clogged; The size of the filter hole 1/1 billion meters of UF (Nano) filter will easily clog the filter. Nano filtration costs are usually much higher than RO filtrations.
Read more: Home Master: Annual Filter Change Procedure
How to fix
- Ecoros new RO technology has added a beneficial mineral supplement function to the body at high filtration levels.
- With Nanofiltration technology, the user must predetermine the water source to use Nano more effectively.
According to the report “Water for All-Water for Life” of UNESCOs World Water Assessment Program, more than 6000 people die every day from water-related diseases, including diarrhea, infections, worms, and other infectious diseases.
Also, organic pollutants from industrial waste from paper, textile, leather, foundry, refining, petrochemical factories are the main causes of serious illnesses, which can cause new diseases. In the world where there is not enough regulation to protect people from industrial waste, there are many technical solutions to solve this problem.
One of the most advanced technologies in the world of water treatment in recent decades is Reverse Osmosis with 0.001 micrometer-like filters. The human kidney can filter out all the harmful bacteria and impurities in the water (and it is also called the RO filtration). It was invented by the American scientist ORIRAJIN in 1950.
Initially, this technology was mainly used for filtering water for human astronauts (circulating water systems in the space shuttle, space science). It was later applied to many other fields, such as in the medical field, including dialysis, purifying water for laboratories, for electronic circuit manufacturing industry (ultrapure water).
RO water filtration technology has been filtering any water source anywhere into pure water, helping to prevent disease and poisoning for millions of people around the world. However, the popularity of reverse osmosis water purification technology, also known as RO water filter, is still a lot of obstacles due in part to cost, partly to peoples perceptions, but actually when comparing prices to those of The useful value that it brings to people is enormous.
Let’s find more tips and reviews about water filters in axiosreview.org